Souvent pour s'amuser

About kids, travel, life, and the rest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stäfa, ZH, Switzerland

I am married and have 2 daughters Alise (2001) and Laeticia (2004). I share my life between family life and my passion, software engineering. My technical website: http://www.galasoft-lb.ch

06 August 2006

Books...

I decided I would read more that these last few months. I usually read a lot. I have many paper books, and I also buy e-books that I read on my PDA. The advantage of e-books is that you always have them with you, so it's really easy to find a few minutes here or there to read a bit. However, lately I was not that much in a reading mood, probably because I was preoccupied with my job. But now I want to read more, even if I have to work a little less for that :)

During the holidays, I read a nice historical book about WWII: Band of brothers. This is the book which inspired the TV serie (which I haven't seen BTW). The book is nice, but it's not a novel, it's really a serie of facts about the Easy company. Nice reading if you like history, maybe just a bit long in the end, and a tad too laudative.

I also finished a great fantasy book named A game of thrones. I had to force myself to wait before I buy the second one in the series. It took me some time to get hooked, probably because I was too preoccupied by my job, but during the holidays I really got hooked and I loved it.

Now I am in a book that I had a lot of difficulties finding: Pai Naa, the story of Nona Baker MBE. I'll tell more about that book later, now it's time to go back to read ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home