Souvent pour s'amuser

About kids, travel, life, and the rest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stäfa, ZH, Switzerland

I am married and have 2 daughters Alise (2001) and Laeticia (2004). I share my life between family life and my passion, software engineering. My technical website: http://www.galasoft-lb.ch

25 May 2007

WPF: Training other developers (Italy)

I am back from Milano, Italy, where I spent the last 3 days teaching WPF to some of our developers. It was a very new experience for me. In the past, I have organized and held demos and presentations already, but it's the first time that I am training other people for more than just one or 2 hours. I was quite nervous before starting the training, my main concern being to be able to say everything I wanted to say about the technology in the imparted time.
The original material for the training was the one we received from IdentityMine in March in Tacoma, WA, USA. While it's great material, I also decided to talk about Expression Blend, and I showed quite a few examples in Visual Studio and in Blend. I really believe that every WPF developer should use Blend and take advantage of its features. The developers' reactions to Blend were actually great, and I am sure that they will definitely use it in the future (I made my demos using Blend 2 May CTP).
I'll be teaching the same training twice more in the coming weeks, once in Zug, Switzerland (which is also where I normally work) (when I am not somewhere else, that is) and once in Pune, India in July. Exciting times :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home