Souvent pour s'amuser

About kids, travel, life, and the rest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stäfa, ZH, Switzerland

I am married and have 2 daughters Alise (2001) and Laeticia (2004). I share my life between family life and my passion, software engineering. My technical website: http://www.galasoft-lb.ch

25 January 2007

Books: Images of Asia

Last time we went to Malaysia, I found 3 booklets in the collection "Images of Asia" at Oxford University Press. Each of these boolets retraces the history of a city in Malaysia. I just finished the one about Penang, and have Malacca and Kuala Lumpur in front of me. These booklets are just great, with a detailed but not academic account of the events since the founding of the city, and illustrations too. They help getting a better understanding of these places and provide a great reading.
Old Penang
Old Penang (Images of Asia) by Sarnia Hayes Hoyt, at Oxford University Press
(ISBN 983-56-0017-1)
Old Malacca
Old Malacca (Images of Asia) by Sarnia Hayes Hoyt, at Oxford University Press
(ISBN 983-56-0012-0)
Old Kuala Lumpur
Old Kuala Lumpur (Images of Asia) by J.M. Gullick, at Oxford University Press
(ISBN 983-56-0048-1)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home