Souvent pour s'amuser

About kids, travel, life, and the rest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stäfa, ZH, Switzerland

I am married and have 2 daughters Alise (2001) and Laeticia (2004). I share my life between family life and my passion, software engineering. My technical website: http://www.galasoft-lb.ch

29 August 2006

Trekking in Hohenkasten (Appenzell)

A set of older pictures, taken before we went in holidays.
On the 30th of June, my sister, the girls and I went for a very nice trek in the small state of Appenzell, not too far from my place. We first drove to a very small village named Bruelisau, and there (after a stop for wild strawberries) we took the cablecar, bringing us to 1789 m AMSL. We strolled a little on top of the mountain Hohenkasten, enjoying the great view of the Rhine valley, some 1000 meters lower.
After a while, we started to walk down down down, Laeticia on my back in the "backpack chair" and Alise following with my sister on foot. I am really proud of Alise, as she walked the whole way down, pretty good for a 4.5 years old! The trek took us about 4 hours, including a small stop near a wonderful small alpine lake called the Saemtisersee, where we spontanously enjoyed a swim in the cold water... nothing like it after 2.5 hours of effort... and 1.5 more to come ;-)
You can see the trek's map and profile, and also download the trek to a GPS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home