Souvent pour s'amuser

About kids, travel, life, and the rest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stäfa, ZH, Switzerland

I am married and have 2 daughters Alise (2001) and Laeticia (2004). I share my life between family life and my passion, software engineering. My technical website: http://www.galasoft-lb.ch

24 August 2006

Alise's first week of school

This week, Alise finally started school (well, Kindergarten) after having spent almost one full year looking forward to the event... Since she goes to the daycare monday to wednesday, she was always seeing other kids being brought to school (that's a service that the local daycare (that I help to manage) offers). So she was always asking when her turn would come. Additionally, we made the mistake of telling her that she would go when she would be 4, so on her very birthday (October 18), she told us that now she could go to school...
Anyway, the wait is finally over, and I brought her to school last monday afternoon. The first contact with the teacher and the other kids was very good (actually it was really the second contact, because we had been to an 'open door' afternoon a few weeks ago). It was a bit funny, because the teacher was taking a whole lot of care making sure that the 'separation' from the parents would go smooth. Actually, you could really tell which children were used to daycare, and which were separating from their mom for the very first time... Anyway, there was no drama (in fact, Alise was rather happy to see my heels, because she wanted to 'go all alone to school').
One hour later it was over already, and I fetched her and brought her back to the daycare. All in all, it went great. Since then she went again on tuesday and wednesday (this time she was brought by the daycare's educators), and had a lot of fun things to tell us at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home