Souvent pour s'amuser

About kids, travel, life, and the rest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stäfa, ZH, Switzerland

I am married and have 2 daughters Alise (2001) and Laeticia (2004). I share my life between family life and my passion, software engineering. My technical website: http://www.galasoft-lb.ch

14 July 2007

All the pictures from Calcutta Rescue are online (and a movie too)

I finished posting all the pictures from Kolkata. Many many pictures taken in the humanitarian projects of the association Calcutta Rescue. Through my volunteer work in the Swiss foundation Calcutta Espoir, together with the other members of the board, we support Dr Jack Preger's work in India.

The projects displayed here are just a part of the activities. I visited clinics (Chitpur (lepra), Tala Park and Sealdah (general medicine) as well as schools (Tala Park, Number 10). Other projects include tuberculosis patients, HIV patients, an outreach program bringing health education and health care to isolated villages outside of Kolkata, filters against poisoned water, workshops to give work to ex-patients and to produce handicrafts sold in Europe, etc...

It was simply wonderful to visit all these projects, and it gave me a lot of new ideas to help the poorest in Kolkata. The difficult conditions due to the monsoon only made the visits more vibrant. Getting back to life in Europe was not easy, even after such a short stay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home