Souvent pour s'amuser

About kids, travel, life, and the rest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stäfa, ZH, Switzerland

I am married and have 2 daughters Alise (2001) and Laeticia (2004). I share my life between family life and my passion, software engineering. My technical website: http://www.galasoft-lb.ch

21 August 2007

Road trip in Sicily, part five: Piazza Armerina

(Date: 18.07.2007)
(Written: 20.07.2007)

Leaving Agrigento, we drove towards the center of the island, direction Piazza Armerina, a small town hosting an amazing roman villa, the "Villa Romana del Casale" (UNESCO world heritage) discovered only during the 20th century. What makes it really impressive is the collection of mosaic floors: every piece of floor is covered by more or less (but rather more) well preserved mosaics representing all kind of scenes, for example hunting, fishing, family portraits, etc... It's also interesting to see the archeologists at work, since not everything in the villa is uncovered yet, and also for restoration work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home