Souvent pour s'amuser

About kids, travel, life, and the rest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stäfa, ZH, Switzerland

I am married and have 2 daughters Alise (2001) and Laeticia (2004). I share my life between family life and my passion, software engineering. My technical website: http://www.galasoft-lb.ch

29 July 2007

Back home after two weeks in Sicily

I am back home after 2 weeks spent in a road trip around Sicily, Italy. We had a great time, and I will document the trip gradually in the next few days on my PhotoAlbum. It was really nice to let go for a moment, and I barely did anything work related (except reading 4 chapters of Adam Nathan's WPF book and catching up with blogs during the last hotel stay of the trip). I found no wireless connection during the trip (except once in Taormina and then in Palermo) but I didn't look for them either. I really needed a break and it was good to think of nothing but the sun, the sea, the antique monuments, the excellent food, and having no harder decision to make than choosing if I wanted red or white wine with my dinner (my wife doesn't drink so I enjoyed the 'vino della casa' alone).

In two weeks, we drove from Palermo to Marsala, Agrigento (after an unwanted stop in Palermo again), Caltagirone, Siracusa, Catania, the Etna region, Taormina, Cefalu, Bagheria, Monreale and then Palermo again. More details soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home