Souvent pour s'amuser

About kids, travel, life, and the rest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stäfa, ZH, Switzerland

I am married and have 2 daughters Alise (2001) and Laeticia (2004). I share my life between family life and my passion, software engineering. My technical website: http://www.galasoft-lb.ch

01 November 2007

Long absence / Foo Fighters / Back from Seattle (again)

Long absence...

I haven't been posting new pictures or blog entries for quite some time, sorry about that. I am very busy privately with a new project I started a few weeks ago. I cannot talk about it yet, but it's very exciting, and takes all of my free time (the time that's not occupied by my family anyway :-)

I will try to post more pictures from the Sicily trip in the next few days, really would like to finish this serie before the Christmas holidays :-)

Foo Fighters

As I was listening to my station on Launch, the Foo Fighters started to play, and it struck me once again how much I like what they do. They're really an amazing band, and Dave Grohl is a wonder. Additionally to his great playing, he is also ready to support other bands like Queens of Stone Age, putting his own band on hold while they went touring (OK, that's some time ago, but still).

So I decided to do something I should have done a long time ago: I just downloaded (legally) their 2 latest CDs, in order to complete my collection! Can't wait to take some quiet time and listen to the songs.

Back from Seattle (again)

I was in Seattle again 2 weeks ago. Actually, I was in Redmond, and took part to a one-week workshop at Microsoft with other Siemens people. It was really great, we met tons of interesting people and discussed the future of many technologies, including my own personal preferate, WPF and Silverlight.

After Redmond, I went to spend the weekend in Chicago. I had to stay over because I had a training to give the following week to some colleagues. The weekend went actually pretty well, even though I'd have preferred to be there with Chi Meei and the girls. But I made the bext out of it, rented a car and visited quite a lot, including Fry's and the Shedd aquarium. The museum area at the lake is really nice, the weather was amazing (25°, I stayed in T-shirt the whole weekend).

I flew back to Switzerland the next Tuesday night, and I guess it was the last trip of the year. We'll see :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home